New this year is Monster Rockfish Drag Racing! Greenwell's camp counselors tried it out during the summer and it's a lot of fun. Take part in this not-to-be-missed activity, or watch from the sidelines and cheer on the racers! Not sure what Monster Rockfish Drag Racing is? Well, you'll just have to come to the Festival to see it in action.
The 2nd Annual Monster Rockfish Festival offers something for everyone:
- Rockfish tastings and other seasonal culinary delights
- The People's Choice Award for best rockfish dish
- Beer and local wine
- Live music with Hydra FX
- Tours of historic Rosedale Manor
- Awards ceremony for Monster Rockfish Tournament (held the day prior on Saturday, October 29)
- Pony rides
- Horseback riding demos
- Kayaking demos and rides (weather permitting)
- Children's activities
- Artists and crafters and outdoor outfitter vendors
All proceeds benefit the Greenwell Foundation's inclusive programs including horseback riding lessons, kayaking, summer camps and Nature Time. Proceeds also help Greenwell serve as a host site for Southern Maryland Vacations for Vets, a respite program for our nation's wounded servicemen and women.
The Monster Rockfish Tournament takes place the day before on Saturday, October 29. It's the Chesapeake Bay's biggest open rockfish tournament with $130,000 in prizes. And, the Greenwell Foundation receives a portion of the proceeds from the tournament. Click here to learn more about participating in the tournament.
For more information, visit http://www.greenwellfoundation.org/ or call 301-373-9775.